Saturday, January 20, 2007

We ARE...........


MARSHALL!! My husband and I went to see the movie, "We are Marshall" last night for date night. The movie was fantastic but what was even better was the off chance of who sat next to us in the Theatre. It was an older couple and I couldn't help but notice and listen to the comments he was making to his lady friend during the movie. It sounded like he had lived in Huntington where the movie took place and even knew some of the people! I thought, "no way!" I wanted to talk with him after the movie had ended but he got up and left so quickly. We were able to catch up with them and I asked if he was from there. It turns out that he is from there and is personally friends with most of the Main story characters. He grew up just a couple of blocks from the surviving Coach Red Dawson. He still holds season tickets and attends all the games, can ramble off stats, players names and facts about different games throughout past seasons. "I've stuck with them through thick and thin" He said.

No comments: