Tuesday, August 21, 2007

SPC ~ Pattern ~ Coming home

What are we on.........week 3? I think so! LOL!!! August's theme for the Self Portrait Challenge is patterns and I went with a little different "pattern" this week than I have in my week 1 and week 2 photos. Still keeping with the patterns in our lives that surround us I captured the design in our front entry. It's the first thing people notice and they usually say something about the design, color, layout, etc. Then to capture myself in this space I played around with the "B" or Bulb Setting on my camera to create movement in this space. The front entry is the in and out of our home and has been very used this summer as the kids come and go and as we welcome friends, family and neighbors over. I focused more on our "daily patterns" or routines. We all have them - your morning routine, driving the same routes to go different places, meal times, etc. So hopefully I captured the movement of this space as people go in and out and create thier own patterns on top of the physical pattern that lies there.




*Thanks to
Jeremy for choosing my photo this week!

7 comments:

Mia Peltola said...

I love this shot, moving figure is so beautiful.

carole said...

Cool photo. Love the double meaning too. I really love that floor motif, what a great way to dress up your entrance. Are you clever in all things?? ;)

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

LOL @ Carole! thank you!

amelia said...

Very cool shot Megan!!!

Anonymous said...

creative photo!.....love the entryway floor! RueLynn

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

Love this pictures, the movement is awesome!

Susan

Unknown said...

this is really cool...love the effect