Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Pumpkin Bread



I'm not one for sharing recipes on my blog - I don't think I've shared one yet but hey, there's a first time for everything right???


This is one of my favorite recipes that gets saved and only made in the fall. It's always a hit with however I share a loaf with and my Grandma and Grandpa loved it when I would stop by gifting them each their "own" small loaf. They weren't much for sharing this bread. tee hee hee. Enjoy!

Pumpkin Bread

2 c. canned pumpkin

3 c. sugar

1 c. water

1 c. veg. oil

4 eggs

3 1/3 c. all-purpose flour

2 tsp baking soda

2 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp salt

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp nutmeg

3/4 tsp ground cloves

Heat overn to 350. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sugar, water, vegetable oil and eggs. Beat until well mixed.

Measure the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and baking powder, nutmeg and ground cloves into a seperate bowl. Then stir until combined. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture, beating until smooth.

Grease two 9x5 inch loaf pans and dust them with flour. Evenly divide the batter between them. Bake for 60 - 70 mins or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 - 15 min. Then remove from pans by inverting them onto a rack and tapping the bottoms. Slice and serve plain, buttered or with cream cheese.

Can you smell is now??? Mmmmmm......................

7 comments:

erin said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE pumpkin bread, I make it every fall!!!

Thanks for sharing (and puting me in the mood for baking!)

andrea danielle said...

I always love me some good punpkin bread... I'll have to try it. A request. Share your bath, I'm dying to see that branchy thing!

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

LOL! Andrea - it's really not much to see! my bathroom lacks a lot and hubby doesn't really want me to decorate so.............I added a willowy wreath above the bath. Maybe I'll give you a better shot sometime ;)

Anonymous said...

who doesnt love pumpkin bread...YUMMY!! This sounds super easy too....Im all about super easy recipes.
Thanks for sharing

Sew Gracious said...

YUM! That's a favorite in our house too! Great recipe! :-)

nic said...

one of my faves! we sometimes make pumpkin muffins w/li'l chocolate chips added in. because chocolate makes everything that much better...

:)

Roshni said...

That looks yummy! Thanks for sharing. Stop by my blog when you have time!