Thursday, September 6, 2007

Preschool + pampering = good times!


Yesterday marked the 1st of preschool for my little guy! He's been paitently waiting for his day in the sun and to be some what as grown up as his big sis - this was the day! He LOVED every minute of it and thinks it's so cool to be able to have his "own school". He picked out his own "Superman" backpack to buy a few weeks ago and got to help gather up his school supplies. He picked out his own shirt to wear on the first day as well. He's getting to BIG to FAST!!! How does that happen? and is seems everyone kids do it! LOL



After my hubby and I had dropped him off and we arrived back home I took a moment and realized and quiet and still it was on the house with both of the kids gone on a weekday! Well the quiet and stillness didn't last long! I headed straight for the stereo - tuned it into my favorite station and turned it up!!!!! Not disney tunes, toddler songs or anything else that is usually playing around here AND in the car but something I liked! woohooo!



Don't get me wrong - I love being a Mom - but every good mom needs a little time to refuel once in awhile. So after some quick clean up around the house I headed for my appointment to get my hair done! It's get to not have to worry about finding a babysitter in the middle of day.




I had to get my cut shaped up and then I wanted to go darker for Fall with my color as well. My hairstylist weaved in 3 different colors - A dark brown, a Honey and reddish color. The combination is really pretty - I'm just still getting used to it a bit. ;) Of course I wouldn't leave you hangin' without a picture!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a total, complete cutie!!! I didnt send my kids to preschool but I remember the first day of kindergarden. I was stressed, holding back tears and looked at my watch at least 50 times..lol...im a bit different from you in the fact that I endulged in SILENCE!! When the kids are not around I love SILENCE.
Love your hair color. suits you perfect.

Crystal said...

LOVE IT!!! I just had the same colors done to my hair!!! Beautiful!!!!

Unknown said...

Sounds like the perfect day! Do you have a little empty nest syndrome? I do! lol!
I love your hair!! It looks so rich and suits you well!
xo, Ash

Morgan said...

wow! Your freshed up hairstyle is super cute, chic, stylish...love the rich color. I'm totally saving this picture for when I go back in a couple weeks for a "trim"!

I *think* I've seen that smokin' yellow jacket on another hot momma lately... ;o)

Okay, lastly...your little man is positively heartmelting. I'm not sure I could part ways with him even for half a second. :o)

Anonymous said...

Your hair is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Ahh, he's a cutie! I hear you on the radio. I have been telling my kids for weeks now that the dvd player in my car is broken, just because I want to hear some tunes myself, and the fact that they argue so much about what they are going to watch. Very cute hair and color!

SimplySophia said...

Oooohhhh, a day with no toddler tunes!! I can't even imagine!!

I love your hair! The colors are radiant!!

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

thanks everyone! I really the like the versatility of the long front pieces. in the picture they are tucked back which makes my hair look alot shorter. When I have them pulled forward it's a totally different look! I'm all for versatility - even with my hair do! LOL

pinklemonadelisa said...

You look mah-velous dah-ling!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Super cute hair!

I *thought* I would be enjoying that silence you speak of this year since my two big kids are now in school. And then along came a baby... Ack! haha!

Anonymous said...

Perfect colors for a fall do! Love it. Tracy

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! As soon as I am done with the wedding I am in this weekend I am so excited to get my hair chopped off and colored! Love the different highlights and colors you chose!

Jenny said...

Your hair is very pretty and prefect for Fall I'd say!