Monday, March 19, 2007

"Come on girls, Shake your Tail Feathers!"



My Daughter had her first dance competition this weekend with her group from the Dance Studio we go to. My daughter really only knew and understood that there were judges and would be trophies given out at the end. She was pretty excited about that! Her group performed 3 different numbers, a tap, jazz, and a fun/novice number. They won 2 gold and 1 platinum trophy for their dance numbers. Then they gave out individual awards to the dancers in each age category that stood out of their groups. To my surprise they called my daughters name!!!! She was a bit stunned too! She received a scholarship for the next dance competition and also a jacket sporting the Competition name. It was pretty exciting to know that out of all the girls in her age group they singled her out. Every mother gets a bit of bragging time right? ;)


Here's a few pictures from the weekend in a couple of her costumes. My favorite picture is the one I snapped of her putting on her own lipstick in the mirror before we left. *sigh* they grow up to fast!!!!





4 comments:

Traci said...

What a Beauty! How old is she, 21?...LOL... I have 2 girls and YES they do grow up FAST!!! Congratulations to your daughter!

Monkey Giggles said...

You get all the bragging right you want....That is a Mommy's privilege. So you go girl...

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

I know! she looks way to old for 6 year old! :(

Daria - Boutique Cafe said...

Way to go Molly!! You are a SUPERSTAR! :)

She looks so grown up in that lipstick picture - just gorgeous!

XO
d.