Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Homework...........I got 4 stars!!!

LOL!!! Santa delivered a photography class in my stocking this year to attend at the local university. It's a six week course for beginners and I have really enjoyed it so far. We have a great age range in the class and also experience and knowledge. We were given our first homework assignment last week - Light and Line. Each student in the class had to bring 2 photos to share with everyone and get critiqued on in front of the entire class! ack! I was certainly nervous but I volunteered to go early in the class so I didn't have to sit there for much longer with a knot in my stomach. ;) Luckily the teacher had some great things to say - good suggestions and really loved my second photo. He said I hit it right on the mark and it had a good "POP" power punch factor. whew! It's been a loooong time since I have had to be critiqued on homework. Here's the photos I shared with the class. We were supposed to look for color, repetition of pattern, how light can be a factor, etc.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for you, Megan! Job well done! :)

Traci said...

From what you said you were critiqued on I think you indeed DID nail it! What a NEAT Christmas gift idea!!! 2 questions, what kinda of camera do you use and is there anything you are really BAD at? Thanks for sharing? LOVE your blog!!

Unknown said...

Awesome!! I was always more nervous in college turning in projects that had to be critiqued. It's a great way to learn but it still made me nervous! I think both of your photos POP and you did hit the nail on the head! Great Job!