Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Pimp my ride



She's 6.......she's determined..........and she did it! You might remember reading about my daughter's fundraiser and how I wasn't so thrilled with having to go around to our friends and family and ask them to buy stuff from my daughter so she could win some prizes. Well as my earlier post mentioned she did it all on her own with the goal in mind of selling 25 items to get a Limo ride and pizza lunch. The Payoff day has arrived. 3 sleek limos pulled up to my daughters school today as a line of anxious excited children lined up. There weren't very many kindergarteners there - just lots of older kids which makes me even more proud of her! We bought her a new top over the weekend that she picked out while shopping at Kohls and then she sported her white high heeled sandals which she has NEVER worn to school, just church. And let me tell you she was feeling like a million bucks! She was walking around the house strutting like she was on the catwalk and loving how her hair flipped and bounced when she walked. LOL!!!


It was so fun and exciting to see her climb in that Limo grinning from ear to ear and hearing the excitment from all the kids as they discovered the TV, candy and pop in the limo. Too much fun! So thank you for allowing me a "mommy moment" as I am just so proud of her determination to do this and pretty much did it on her own in a record 3 days to accomplish her goal! You go girl!!! LOL!!




10 comments:

erin said...

OMG how fun!!! Lucky girl, all of your- I mean her- hard work has paid off!!!!

carole said...

I actually got a little choked up looking at those pics. Such a sweet little lady and you could tell she really felt special! Love her hip look , too!

Tonya said...

what a fun day for your little girl...I think I would have died if I got to ride in a limo as a little girl...

...but then again, I remember now that my parents were looking into buying one as a family car at one point becuase we had so many kids (lol). Thank goodness they opted for a suburban! Can you imagine inheriting the old fam car when you turned 16 and drivin a limo to school...then I would have really died!

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

oh that is Funny Tonya! LOL @ the thought of a teenage girl driving a limo to school!

Kim -today's creative blog said...

Your designs are so so amazing. I have lurked a few times and just had to feature you on my Creative Blog.
http://TodaysCreativeblog.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

From the pictures of your daughter on your blog and the smile I see and what you write I think she is definately going to really BE SOMEBODY someday!!! She has drive and motivation already...look out world!!!

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

Oh my gosh that is adorable! My mom just rode in her first limo last week at the age of 70 so to see your sweetie do it and appreciate it so much makes me smile!!!

Susan

Daria - Boutique Cafe said...

Molly I'm SO proud of you!!!! :) You look so happy in your heels and cute shirt. I love the flipped hair too! Fun to ride in a Limo with your friends - where did you go?

Megan, she's so gorgeous! She's got it all and I know where her determination comes from. :) Way to go Megan you've got quite the wonderful daughter and you're an awesome mommy!

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Oh how cuuuute!!! Love that determination! She reminds me of my own daughter.

Anonymous said...

Awww how CUTE!!! Looks like she had a blast!! :o)