Thursday, July 26, 2007

The Craze

Anyone else have a countdown for the debut of High School Musical 2!?! LOL!!! We are pretty excited around here! My daughter and well..........son for the that matter, both enjoy HSM. It's a great movie to watch if you want to sing and dance the whole time so I can only imagine how much fun #2 will be for them. I recently picked up the People Magazines special collections edition for High School Musical 2 for our road trip for my daughter. I figured that could be hours of entertainment for her. It comes with a poster of Zac Efron - Troy Bolton in the movie - which my daughter was very excited about so the other day we pulled out her magazine and decided that one poster just wasn't enough. Why not cut up the whole magazine! She had the blank wall space and really want to take on this project by herself but soon realized that she'd need a bit of help with the tape and some of the cutting so she didn't wreck any of the pictures. *gasp* I agreed to help her but she also made sure I knew that she didn't want to "too" much help. (wink) I did the cutting only on the pictures "SHE" wanted and applying the tape loops to the back. She then hung all the pictures without any direction from me. And I must say I was very surprised and pleased how the whole arrangement turned out. She actually had some rhyme and reason to it!



Yes her walls are a pink giving everything in her room a....................uh........healthy glow?? LOL!!! So from a simple magazine came a fun mother daughter project and the satisfaction of a job well done.

7 comments:

{Le Petit Poulet} said...

This bring me back to that age again and my posters plastered all over my walls!!
Makes me smile! :)

Susan

Anonymous said...

I thought I was looking at a picture from my daughter's room! LOL. Now that we've moved into our temporary housing and our daughter has a downstairs bedroom (and bath), she's moved the posters into the bathroom too! Nothing stranger than having all those eyes on you while using the toilet. LOL

My daughter is a HSM nut too - we were lucky enough to have the on stage version in our city this summer so HSM mania hasn't stopped since school was out!

carole said...

I have nieces who are so into HSM too. When we went to Disney World's MGM Studios I noticed they had a live show there about it, and a giant gift shop. Made me realize I must be old because I was so out of the loop on that one!
I watched the first one with my niece on dvd while visiting at Christmastime and all I could think was "this must be the new generation's GREASE", now I am really showing my age!
Cute room design, too. She has talent like her mama.

Anonymous said...

Ya know we have seen HSM backpacks, posters, t-shirts,etc but never saw the movie or got into the hype...not sure how we missed it. Maybe we will catch part 2. Anyhow, Megan your daughter did an awesome job on her wall!!!

Summer said...

a little late to the party, but my oldest ones are boys...

Just watched the original one the other night, and yes, I'm excited to see 2!

By the way Megan you're new "blog look" is great!!

Margo said...

Her walls look great! And yes, we're HSM fans around here too. From my just turned 5 year to my 12-going-on-17 year old. And I'm going to have to confess that I like it probably a little too much as well! LOL

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Haha!! My 7 yr old has a big crush on Corbin Bleu. Isn't he on HSM? I don't know...

Daria needs to snag an interview with someone related to that show! :)

Her walls look great!